For businesses that want to drive sales productivity, a sales management strategy is a must. In its core, sales management is a unique concept that refers to the efficient management of both employees and resources for achieving desired goals. These objectives can be broad, but they often involve improving the volume of sales, raising profit, and securing long-term business growth.
However, in order to optimize the sales department with efficiency, organizations frequently turn to helpful sales management software. Sales reps use six tools on average, the most popular among which is actually CRM.
CRM (customer relationship management) or intelligent sales force automation (SFA) software is the key to meeting sales goals. This powerful system comes in two forms: as an online sales management software and on-premise. We’re going to take a closer look at their differences and valuable features that make this tool a worthwhile investment.
Online Sales Management Software Vs. On-Premise
Before blindly adopting the first sales management software that seems fine, you need to know that there are two different solutions on the market, each intended for specific business needs. For example, the product on this website supports small businesses, organizations, and enterprises concurrently. But not many systems can promise the same.
Online Sales Management
An online program is a cloud-based system hosted on the service provider’s server. This type of software doesn’t require installation on your computer, as you can access it remotely and from any digital device using a password. As a user, you would have to pay a monthly fee, which makes this a win-win situation for organizations that want to save money.
This is an on-premise sales management software hosted on an office server. This means that you will have to install and configure the program yourself, while paying a substantial fee to acquire the license. In addition, the costs continue along with system upgrades.
On the plus side, users can access through a company’s local area network, as well as retain critical business information in their database system for safekeeping. This is why typically only enterprises find this solution to be tempting.
Which software solution is best for you? Here are our recommendations:
Sales Force Automation CRM Features
How does sales management software accelerate productivity? The answer is easy, considering that the SFA CRM platform is packed with features such as:
- Account and Contact Management – This is a 360-degree customer view of a complete customer history or shopping history, online activities, interactions, and more. It serves to build better relationships with customers and knowledge-empowered strategies in real time.
- Centralized Database and Analytics – A single database that stores and organizes all information located in the cloud or on-premise. By utilizing analytics tools, users can easily monitor performance and create accurate reports
- Lead Management – Lead management enables users to automatically track and capture leads across multiple sources. The user-friendly dashboard can analyze prospect statistics and pinpoint a “high possibility” of conversion.
- Opportunity Management – An increase in lead conversion due to enhanced pipeline workflow that allows users to effectively manage opportunities throughout each stage of the sales cycle. This allows organizations to focus on the opportunities that matter the most and improve their sales rates.
- Sales Forecasting – The sales processes become more transparent and efficient once you can see the complete picture. With this feature, users can evaluate sales reps’ performance, plan sales, and meet quotas by simply using analytics tools.
- Geo-Tag – Some SFA CRM solutions offer geotag capabilities for tracking and acquiring a report on the efficiency of the sales team or each individual sales rep in real time.
- Orders and Invoices – A single window for orders and invoices give users total control over the payments (automatic reminders and notifications included).
- Mobile Sales – Unlimited access to contacts and sales data is crucial for achieving sales quotas. While some systems don’t include this feature, quality software does, because it’s proven that contrary to non-mobile sales reps, those who have adopted this tactic reach targets and achieve sales quotas faster.
Does your business need online sales management software? If the answer is “yes”, best hurry to catch up with your competitors and leverage the market field. However, look only for an SFA CRM system with a set of tools like the one mentioned above and decide which type will best suit your business requirements.